Friday 14 February 2014

Exhibition at the London Fashion and Textiles Museum - Artists Textiles

Exhibition at the London Fashion and Textiles Museum - Artists Textiles 

This exhibition features the fabric designs of famous artists.  http://ftmlondon.org

I went to this exhibition and was really inspired. As a Textile Designer who came from a family of painters and then learned the rules of textile design at uni I found it liberating. I can ignore the rules! I can return to my painter roots and create much less traditional fabrics.

The Exhibition features fabrics from Dali, Picasso, Ben Nicholson, Chagall, Matisse and many more.

I took a few pictures.
(Thank you to the FTM for permission to take and use photos).


The London Fashion and Textiles Museum.


It's in a nice bit of London.

The fabrics


Ben Nicholson

Duncan Grant

John Piper

Pablo Picasso

An advert for the Picasso fabric.

Rockwell Kent

And many more. It is a really inspiring exhibition.

Kirsteen Lyons
kirsteenann@gmail.com











No comments:

Post a Comment