Saturday 5 October 2013

Art and Design With Integrity.

Art and Design With Integrity.

I find it is fatal to worry about "who am I going to sell this to?" and "How much for?" when creating any kind of art and design.

My thoughts get into the work and infect it somehow, ironically leaving me with unsellable work. It has been my experience that the art I create with integrity sells first.

When I create a painting or design for the sheer joy of the redness of roses I sell it before I have fully removed the bubble wrap at my next exhibition. When I create a painting because my other red roses sold, I end by taking that painting to the skip - even I don't want it on my walls.

What has been your experience? I would love to know.

Kirsteen

kirsteenann@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment